Don’t Miss Our Roadmap for Medicare Webinar Series
About 60% of the more than 60 million people covered by Medicare enroll in a prescription drug plan (also known as Part D). As COVID-19 hinders the availability of in-person consultation, the Roadmap for Medicare team has published a webinar series to help you understand how to pick the plan that is best for your healthcare and budget needs during this open enrollment season which begins October 15 and ends on December 7.
If you are new to Medicare, these webinars offer basic information you should know about a Part D plan. Once you determine if Part D is right for you, there are some key dates to keep in mind: October 1, October 15, and December 7—watch the webinar to understand why these dates are important.
October Webinar: Prepare for Medicare Part D Open Enrollment
If you are new to Medicare, this webinar offers basic information you should know about a Part D plan. Once you determine if Part D is right for you, there are some key dates to keep in mind: October 1, October 15, and December 7—watch the webinar to understand why these dates are important.
This webinar also offers tips and tools that will help you understand how to prepare for open enrollment and can make your journey easier. Tips include:
- Take time to create a list of all the medications you take
- Make an appointment with your doctor to discuss how your prescription medication needs may change next year
- Take advantage of an online compare tool offered by Medicare to help you choose the plan that works best for you
- Check out what other resources are available virtually and in your area to help during open enrollment
- Be sure to check out the Roadmap For Medicare website for resources such as this article on how to research, compare, and pick a Medicare Part D plan
November Webinar: How Choosing the Plan That’s Best for You can Save You Money
Choosing a Medicare Part D prescription drug plan, also called a “PDP”, may be confusing, but it’s an important step to find the plan that will work best for you. In this webinar, we’ll walk you through the steps to find the plan that will save you money on prescriptions and help you stay healthy. This webinar covers the following topics:
- Out-of-pocket costs to consider as you compare plans: premiums; drug costs; unexpected additions. Need more information about OOP costs? Click here.
- How to determine the overall cost of each plan?
- Compare the plan’s formulary or list of drugs covered by each plan
- If you take a medication for a chronic condition, check if the plan offers home delivery
- Check the pharmacy network—it can save you money
- Make sure you have 24/7 support from knowledgeable pharmacists available online and on the phone for your convenience and privacy
- Leverage your plan’s advisors to make the most of what your plan offers